• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What animals are in your yard or local region?

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

flocknroll

Meeting neighbors
Oooh where to even start :roflmao: I live quite close to a Grey Headed Flying Fox camp, but I went to visit one a little further away from me the other day. I'm in Australia and it's spring so it's pup season and there were so many beautiful tiny bubs with their mums. I don't think I can insert a video here so here's a very low quality screen cap form one of my videos haha

IMG_0709.jpg

Our very beloved Tawny Frogmouths - Mum and her little fledgey
IMG_0710.jpg

A pair of Little Ravens. We have Little and Australian Ravens where I am. Both species absolutely amazing. Such a privilege to watch them care for their babies, they're such incredible, loving parents.
IMG_0713.jpg

I have quite a lot of native animal shots, but I volunteer with wildlife rescue so most ion them are either from rescues, which aren't always happy shots or of the animals in care, so unfortunately the images don't show them in their homes. But gorgeous echidnas, eastern grey kangaroos and swamp wallabies are a regular and very welcome sight around :heart:

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Indian Ringneck update

First thing is the Magpies have gone they have lived in that tree as long as i have lived in this house and thats over 25 years, i was taking the dog for a walk this morning and could hear the IR, then about 10 Mins ago got a whatsapp of my mate Eddy (he is the guy who looks after the girls for us) he lives at the top of my close he said there are two parrots in the tree he has seen a lot of them hopefully he can grab a pic.
so looks like they have set up home for a bit Eddy is going to do some not chop and leave it out in his garden to see if they come down to feed, he lives closer so hopefully some pics soon.

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’m sorry about the magpies! Are they both cavity nesters? Competition for tree holes can be brutal.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Indian Ringneck update

First thing is the Magpies have gone they have lived in that tree as long as i have lived in this house and thats over 25 years, i was taking the dog for a walk this morning and could hear the IR, then about 10 Mins ago got a whatsapp of my mate Eddy (he is the guy who looks after the girls for us) he lives at the top of my close he said there are two parrots in the tree he has seen a lot of them hopefully he can grab a pic.
so looks like they have set up home for a bit Eddy is going to do some not chop and leave it out in his garden to see if they come down to feed, he lives closer so hopefully some pics soon.
Poor magpies :shy: patiently waiting for pictures

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m sorry about the magpies! Are they both cavity nesters? Competition for tree holes can be brutal.
No they are not however i have observed the Maggies over years and they have always chased any birds from those tree's Maggies nest they are very bold birds but i just cant see them holding there own against a couple of IR's

Poor magpies :shy: patiently waiting for pictures
The trees are huge and still full of leaves i reckon best chance of a pic is from Eddy he is seeing them frequently i have seen one once.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month