• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Parakeet

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Can you share a pic?

Cornstarch/cornflour/plain flour hold a good pinch of flour gently but firmly on the bleeding area.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I can't see much in your pic unfortunately. Keep an eye on your little one and make sure it is still eating if it has damaged its beak- you may need to see a vet for some pain killer or antibiotics and you may also need to help your little one eat by offering softer foods than seeds.

Poohbear

Moving in
I can't see much in your pic unfortunately. Keep an eye on your little one and make sure it is still eating if it has damaged its beak- you may need to see a vet for some pain killer or antibiotics and you may also need to help your little one eat by offering softer foods than seeds.
ok thank you he was just eating his seeds

Poohbear

Moving in
Will it be ok if my parakeet eats a little bit of flour while I’m putting it on his beak . I just want to make sure the bleeding stopped.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
The very small amount ingested while stopping the bleeding will not be a problem.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Monitor very, very closely for the next few days. A small knock can cause a rebleed. As Shez said, contacting your vet to ask about pain meds is also a good idea.