• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Overdue Introduction

ChassiNoir

Moving in
Real Name
Chassi
Soooo I was supposed to post this a while ago…I’ll blame it on my injury and high doses of prednisone (prednisone is mean). :D

Introducing Miss Rory! She is a gorgeous lutino Burke parakeet, about six months old, and just as sassy as she is sweet! She came to me from a friend who had her sister and a pretty male. The male liked the sister. The sister liked the male. No one liked Rory and let her know.

She was sooooo shy and skittish when she first came; now she is a tiny overlord who enjoys how humans make themselves fools to entertain her.

The only problem I have with her is that she confuses me. I’m used to Lovebirds which she certainly is not. There isn’t that flair of destruction that I’m used to. Toys are for display unless very angry, there is no climbing, no tearing things apart, no chasing after toes with a vengeance!

IMG_1486.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
She's stunning! :loveshower:

I've heard toys and climbing aren't really things for this species too (my experience is limited to 2 days :lol:) My Jardine's is a buzzsaw and my Linnie is more gentle but still chews quite a bit so it's new to me too!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooh she's an absolute beauty! I look forward to seeing more pics and hearing about her.