• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heyoo

Beolulu

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey, I go by Beo or Beomi online. I'm Autistic and from Florida, USA and I love parrots and spending time with them.
I used to know nothing about birds and parrots, but since moving in with my boyfriend 9 months ago I've fallen in love with all of them and dedicated most of my time to taking care of them and finding more on how to care for them. I hope to own a few when I get my own house!

I myself don't own any birds, but I just live with them (as in they don't belong to me) but my boyfriends parents take in rescues, currently about 7.
Sadly due to the fact that most of the birds we have are rehomes, most of them have been clipped and can't fly or have suffered past abuse in a bad environment

Currently, on my computer, I have no photos except for my avatar, which was my boyfriend's stepdad's 4 year old african grey, Major, that passed away a week ago and our umbrella cockatoo named Snowball. I can probably get more photos and post them in some days.
Some other birds we have are 2 green amazons (yellow head and a yellow nape in her 40's), 1 Male Eclectus with neurological damage from previous owners abuse, A quaker, 2 Cockatiels and 1 gold and blue macaw I've recently gotten really close with.
We had a blue crested conure that died today that I was also really close with. That makes 2 of our parrots that have died the past week so I suggested my boyfriends mom get a necropsy and she will quarantine the birds until they figure out what's going on.

I'm happy to talk more to fellow bird lovers and I'm open for advice and discussion about anything

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
:hello: And :welcomesign:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome!

You should get some quaker & cockatiel photos soon!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome and enjoy the site!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to Avian Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

In case you wasn't aware, it is important to keep the Old world birds away from the New world birds. Using air filters can help.

I am very sorry for your recent losses.