• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Food Tabele - discussion

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
Hello team, I present to you my table for feeding my GCC. What do you think about this, is this optimal? I put in the table what my parrot likes the most. I avoided or rarely gave fruits with sugar, which are bananas and apples, my focus is on carrots and peas. Otherwise, I buy frozen vegetables

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hi
@mizzley and @Pixiebeak are brilliant at diets

I offer veggies everyday unless I am at work 2days a week 7/7 then they get freeze dry veggies or fruit in their foraging toys

do you sprout seeds ? They are a brilliant to add to diet

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
I didn't really understand the part about germinating the seeds. Can you further explain the process, which seeds are involved?

I'm afraid that there is no sugar and salt in this frozen vegetable because I noticed a small amount of it on some packages. I will leave a photo for you to look at

Attachments

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
The discussion is open, so I will add your recommendations to the table ☺☺☺

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
I just soak seeds/sprouting mix in a glass for 6hours then rinse then rinse them about 3times a day and start serving when they start to get tails they are a massive hit

Free bird

Meeting neighbors
Hello team, I present to you my table for feeding my GCC. What do you think about this, is this optimal? I put in the table what my parrot likes the most. I avoided or rarely gave fruits with sugar, which are bananas and apples, my focus is on carrots and peas. Otherwise, I buy frozen vegetables
Conure as graivores so why don't you ever feed it grain?

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
Conure as graivores so why don't you ever feed it grain?
I threw out the cereal all the way, I put in the pellets because they literally have everything in them. They are specially enriched with minerals that parrots need and I honestly noticed that moulting progressed - the feathers grew very quickly and I noticed that her energy increased a little

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
I just soak seeds/sprouting mix in a glass for 6hours then rinse then rinse them about 3times a day and start serving when they start to get tails they are a massive hit
Where can I find and what are the seeds. I searched on the internet and saw that they are some special seeds, but we in Bosnia don't really have the possibility to get them because of delivery

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I would increase the diversity of veggies like bell pepper, sweet potato, squashes carrots and more ,and leafy greens like Swiss chard, bok choy, romaine lettuce, and some( go light on fruit about 10% of diet) fruits/berries like blueberries, mango, blackberries, fresh cherry no pit.
I myself would and do offer fresh stuff every single day and try to include about six different types . At the end of the day I give some seedmix

diets are something we all are always researching and reading up and talking about, and trying to wade through different information to try and decide what's best .

If you are not aware , some pellet formulas do not meet a molting birds needs , they are considered maintenance and need to be switched to a high potency version during molt .

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I also feed pellets, but I agree that adding more diversity to the veggies, and giving them daily if at all possible, is ideal.

Sprouts are definitely one of my birds' favorites! You do not be special seeds. If you have access to plain bird seed, you can usually sprout that :)

Dark leafy greens, root vegetables, grains, peppers, berries, and more!

This thread may give you some ideas!

h4l1.png

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tarik
Nisam baš razumio dio o klijanju sjemena. Možete li dodatno objasniti proces, koje sjemenke su uključene?

Bojim se da u ovom smrznutom povrću nema šećera i soli jer sam ih malo primijetila na nekim pakiranjima. Ostavit ću vam fotografiju da je pogledate
[/CITAT]
I didn't really understand the part about germinating the seeds. Can you further explain the process, which seeds are involved?

I'm afraid that there is no sugar and salt in this frozen vegetable because I noticed a small amount of it on some packages. I will leave a photo for you to look at
Can you refer to this composition of mixed vegetables? What do you think about this?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I can't read the label :( Some sodium is naturally occuring in vegetables. You'll need to check the ingredients included to see if it is added or not.

Free bird

Meeting neighbors
I threw out the cereal all the way, I put in the pellets because they literally have everything in them. They are specially enriched with minerals that parrots need and I honestly noticed that moulting progressed - the feathers grew very quickly and I noticed that her energy increased a little
No natural seed just processed seed...
Poor bird

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
No natural seed just processed seed...
Poor bird
Let's not shame people for different diet choices, especially when they are coming here for advice. We all have different ways of feeding, and pellets are one of those valid ways. Just because you may chose to feed a different way doesn't make pellets the "wrong" way.