• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Chop problems

Meike

Moving in
Real Name
Meike
Hii,

My bird loves her chop but this morning I gave her the last portion from the batch I had. I don't really have time to make new chop for her today because I have a deadline for some school work today. I can make a new batch tomorrow in the afternoon but that would mean she doesn't have chop tomorrow morning (I still need to go to the store for her too). I'm kinda hoping one of you will know how I can still give her enough nutrition tomorrow without having the chop ready. Can I just give her dry food in the morning and the new chop in the evening? Or does someone have a recipe for a 10 minute chop for one serving? Idk please help I do not have enough experience for this

Okay thx <3

Meike

Moving in
Real Name
Meike
I do have some green beans in the freezer and maybe we have some brocolli but i feel bad giving her just one or two types of vegetables

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is she on pellets or an all-seed diet?

If on pellets, I wouldn't fret about it. Missing a day - or longer - of fresh food isn't going to harm her. There is the long-term Roudybush study of a flock of Amazons who have been on an all-pellet diet for years and they're fine. Even a day of all seeds will be fine in the grand scheme of things.

There are lots of times in our lives when our birds will receive "good enough" care rather than optimal, 5 star care. Our birds live for so long with us that they are certain to be with us through life's stresses, whether that be deadlines, medical issues, caring for our families through tough times, working long hours and so on. There are bound to be days during the decades that they are with us when they don't get fresh food or out of cage time. As long as it doesn't become a habit and we don't compromise essential aspects of care, a bird can survive on "good enough" care for a period of time. Please don't beat yourself up about this.

Meike

Moving in
Real Name
Meike
Thx, i kinda needed to hear that. She is on a diet with chop and seeds cause i haven't been able to get my hands on pellets or a better seed mix. I guess i will make her something with the bits of vegetables we have in the fridge and some seeds for tomorrow