• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Best Online Shoppin'

Beakaboo

Checking out the neighborhood
Hey all, I'm a bit new here...lurking mostly, but I have had my GCC named Chaos for a couple weeks now and he's an absolute gem. I grabbed some food [seed and pellet] from petsmart because I needed to get it 'now', and figured I'd get it in the future online.

What I wasn't expecting, is the prices to be just as high online than as petsmart [they are pretty spendy]. :O So, I'm curious if anyone has tips on places they buy that are more reasonable, as I've been out of the parrot world for quite some time. I was looking on amazon, but was surprised to see it was higher.

Also if I can squeeze in one last question, I was thinking of introducing him to a new pellet [one without dyes]...how do they do on roudybush?

Thanks and lovely to meet you all. :D

NightOwls

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I usually get my parrot food from chewy.com

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:welave:
Congratulations on your new green cheek!

Oh I agree prices have gotten ridiculous on all bird products,ugh
I would love to find out how others are being thrifty.

Any diet changes , just monitor weight while switching , to be sure they are eating. Birds can pretend and fool us . Checking weight just lets us know if we need to go slower or change how we are converting them . . Because some parrot are stubborn or just don't recognize changes as food and can starve themselves.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Depends on what you're feeding of course, as not everyone has everything. I try to use Chewy when possible because of the free shipping and routine sales. I also have a dog, cat, and lizard, so it's easy to get to free shipping lol

I almost never buy food from Amazon anymore.

Petco actually usually has good sales on stuff. Their repeat delivery promo can be used a few times a year so I stock up as I can to get 35% or more off.

I have used Endless Tweets several times as they carry Psittacus, Volkman, and Goldenfeast products.

Harrison's is the hardest it seems like. Great Companions, Kazoo Bird, or Bird Safe Store all carry them, and all have other stuff that I can add to make shipping feel more worth it.

For toys I pretty much stick to making my own or buying from the vendors here.

Roudybush is great :) Unfortunately my birds don't currently agree :lol: I have one on Zupreem, one on Harrison's, and one who I'm trying to get onto Hagen or Roudybush since I can get those on Chewy ;) But Harrison's will be my backup plan so I can stock up when I get the other's food.

Beakaboo

Checking out the neighborhood
Thanks for the replies! :) I checked out chewy, and they are pretty lined up with amazon, at least for the brands I was looking at. I may check with petco/petsmart, but it's looking like the prices are pretty set in.

And thanks for the reply on the Roudybush. I think I'll give it a try. I was hoping to get it well before his other bag ran out, so I could introduce it slowly and increase it gradually as the other runs out. Chaos is definably not a picky guy...he wasn't on pellets at all when I got him, and took right to them. I also didn't have to struggle with veggies, he seems to love the variety and we're not going to argue. :lol: