• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellets

CGrillo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Claudia Grillo
I’m thinking of switching Luke onto this pellet brand. He eats a mixture of chop and seeds. I want to incorporate pellets into his diet as well. Does anyone think this brand is good?

Attachments

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If he’ll eat it, it’s a good start. Some of mine have started exploring Nutri-Berries with popcorn - not ideal, but better than nothing.

LiveLolBrd

Real Name
Lana
Hmmm, It has a bunch of ingredients and it is colored. I don't think it would be the best.
I think https://amzn.to/3ww0hEe Zupreem pellets are pretty good, my birds loved them and switched from seeds to this really easy.

CGrillo

Real Name
Claudia Grillo
If he’ll eat it, it’s a good start. Some of mine have started exploring Nutri-Berries with popcorn - not ideal, but better than nothing.
What do you normally feed them? Luke is more interested in my food than bird food but I’ve seen him pick at the few pellets in his current seed mix

CGrillo

Real Name
Claudia Grillo
Hmmm, It has a bunch of ingredients and it is colored. I don't think it would be the best.
I think https://amzn.to/3ww0hEe Zupreem pellets are pretty good, my birds loved them and switched from seeds to this really easy.
I heard mixed opinions on that one :( the coloring seems to be from vegetables so that’s why I considered that brand. I’m not very well versed in pellets though so I don’t know what to look for

CGrillo

Real Name
Claudia Grillo
This brand looks good too

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The best pellet is the one they will eat, do well on, and that you can afford. There's really not enough difference between Higgins inTune and Zupreem for me to say one is "better" than the other. The Higgins is naturally colored so definitely a nice touch over artificial.

I personally don't feed TOPs because I believe my birds need more D3 in their diet and I'm not convinced that it has enough.

I have one on Zupreem, one on Harrison's, and one on Roudybush :shrug:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I’ve tried all of the major pellet brands (there’s a very well stocked mom & pop shop here), one after the other. They won’t touch them. These popcorn Nutri-Berries are a breakthrough, as inadequate as they doubtless are. I guess my point is that you must start somewhere.