• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Kitkat update!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
So kitkat is very smart first of all! She has taught herself to fly to me on command. I thought the first few times she did it was just a fluke. But, I started calling her & holding my hand up, & she's flown & landed on my hand multiple times a day.

We are still working on it as she doesn't do it every single time but she's such a smart girl! I've never had a bird that automatically flight trained herself/himself! She loves natural toys, paper balls, balsa wood toys, bells. She loves flying, scritches, millet lol, she's eating all kinds of stuff. Almost weaned. On one feeding a day.

Here are some new pictures of her from today! Look at her coloring! Her breeder said its almost like she wanted to be a pearl cockatiel, see her markings on her back?! She's got beautiful barring on her tail which is why I'm pretty sure she's a girl. But I did order a avian biotech DNA kit to confirm! My heart missed cockatiels & I didn't know how much until I got her!

Attachments

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Sounds like she’s coming on so well and she’s so gorgeous

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
So beautiful. That last picture looks like she is trying to sing opera.

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I wonder if she actually is a pearl? Sometimes color mutations will be "low expression", though I haven't heard of it in cockatiels. If none of her parents are pearls, it might be a spontaneous mutation too. Either way, you're lucky to have such a unique girl. :)