• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good place to buy grapewood?

pawprintedheart

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
Well, I was looking to buy a hanging grapewood gym and noticed Blus' Bird Toys no longer seems to be selling them :( Knew I should have gotten one when I had the chance!

So, now I'm looking to make my own. (Trying to add more natural landing areas to the bird room). Any one know of any good places to buy some grapewood that I could string up to make some hanging swings?

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mac'sCreations sells small grapewood perches. :)

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I bought a nice big piece of grapevine from this eBay seller recently.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Well, I was looking to buy a hanging grapewood gym and noticed Blus' Bird Toys no longer seems to be selling them :( Knew I should have gotten one when I had the chance!

So, now I'm looking to make my own. (Trying to add more natural landing areas to the bird room). Any one know of any good places to buy some grapewood that I could string up to make some hanging swings?

Well ... I have a few grapewood in the shop. I just still had not got the proper time to get photos taken of the just the grape wood and get them shown on the site. I stopped selling them with the toys on the grapewood due to not having enough of the certain parts I used for them. I also sold the grapewood with the 18" long S/S Tri-Chain that I made up for them.

The one shown with the 1.5" cube blocks I have enough of those that I can use with any parts I have that you might want on it. The one with just S/S chain I can sell for $20 and the one with toys on it will sell for $30. All grapewood is each shaped differently as no two are alike. Size of grapewood itself is approx. 15 x 10 depending on direction it lays/sits.

Attachments

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Oh yes, I also have the 1/4" thick x 1.5" square wood in natural that I can use on a gym if you did not want larger blocks, I am out of the colored of that size. I also have that wood but with 1/2" thickness and also 1/4" thick that is 3" long in natural and 3/8" thick.

If you got it with natural wood it would look something like what I show in the colored version on this gym here ... however, on that gym I am out of the little flower pots. View attachment 165742
Jan, that grapewood gym is beautiful!

Matt

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
Thanks everyone! So many places I hadn't heard of.

Danita, I looked up Exotic Wood Dreams last night and ended up emailing them. Wow. Beautiful stuff!

Jan: Oh, yes! :hug8: You totally made my day! I'd love one with the wood blocks already on it of the 1/4 thick x 1.5 (or the half inch). I love, love, love your gyms. And it doesn't matter on the flower parts ;) I'm just excited for a nice refillable gym for my team of wood chippers. :lol:Should I email you through the email listed on your store?

pawprintedheart

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Valerie
@GlassOnion Well, bummer! Wonder why they have that listed as the way to order on their site. Guess I'll have to phone them tomorrow! Thanks for letting me know :D

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks Valerie ... I am now just shooting you an email in response to your email you sent!!

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
@pawprintedheart you must call Donna (EWD) as they do not have internet.

Yah really ... they have made it so hard on themselves ... I've been there to their place and heard their story on their internet/webmaster horror and they are not willing to trust other people who do web design because of it. Never the less, they do excellent work, no doubt about it.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
Yah really ... they have made it so hard on themselves ... I've been there to their place and heard their story on their internet/webmaster horror and they are not willing to trust other people who do web design because of it. Never the less, they do excellent work, no doubt about it.

Yeah, it's a bummer. Especially because I am sure there are a lot of people who send them emails but it goes nowhere.